help-libtasn1

Re: malformed asn1 definition causes segfault

From: Hanno Böck
Subject: Re: malformed asn1 definition causes segfault
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 14:08:45 +0100

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:22:38 +0100
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm curious, did you check libtasn1 on the DER parsing part as well?

I did, but probably not in an optimal way.

It was some weeks ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I think I used
the pkix.asn definition shipped with libtasn1 together with a dummy
certificate.
It'd probably better to fuzz the parser with a small asn1
definition exposing some of the interesting/complex features of asn1
and a smaller than 1kb input file. However I'm not really into asn1
definitions, so I was unable to create something alike quickly.

--
Hanno Böck
http://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: address@hidden