help-libtasn1

Re: Re[2]: Circular definitions

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Circular definitions
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:58:08 +0100

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Yaroslav Gaydash <address@hidden> wrote:

>  That's interesting. What does this structure mean actually? How are you
> expected to parse it?
> I suppose when a structure is been created asn1_create_element() shouldn't
> go futher in depth than member which actually represents CHOICE. I think of
> CHOICE member is something like subtree's connection point. If I wish to
> construct leaf which actually tree I call asn1_write_value() with another
> value been created by asn1_create_element() call.

That's not how it works now. Currently you write on the choice node
the type of the structure you'd like to have and then you may set
values as it would have been for a non-choice node of that type. You
may emulate the behavior you describe by using ANY instead of Data in
the choice members in the ASN.1 description. In the any node you can
write any DER encoded structure you like. I'll check, when I find some
time, whether this can be handled on the parser as well.

regards,
Nikos