help-librejs

Re: [Help-librejs] Multiple licenses in one JS file

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Multiple licenses in one JS file
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 17:14:58 -0500

> Good point, Kuno. Instead of this line number thing, maybe we should
> just have a special signifier in the Web Labels page to say whether a
> combined script is free or nonfree.

This might not be sufficiently precise for legal reasons, but the
general rule is indeed that the set of right you get is the intersection
of the set of rights of each license involved, so if there is a license
that provides a subset of the intersection, you can specify
that license.

E.g. if you have a mix of BSD and GPL, then you can specify the combined
work as using the GPL license.

        Stefan