help-gv

Re: [help-gv] view two pages?

From: Janek Kozicki
Subject: Re: [help-gv] view two pages?
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 15:54:30 +0200

Janek Kozicki said:     (by the date of Tue, 3 Oct 2006 13:19:55 +0200)

> > There I do not know, but perhaps Jose (Marchesi, address@hidden, the gv
> > maintainer) can help.
>
> ok, so I'm waiting for hints :)
>
> >     Would you accept a patch later for that?

ok.. after tinkering with the code for few hours I understood why this
feature has not been added. Adding it is very difficult, beacuse of the
design :(

There is one global variable "page".

1. I tried to add another global variable "page2", but how to tell the
widgets to place it in correct place, and the interpreter to render it...
I could not find out.

2. then I tried to configure the interpreter to render two pages on a
single page (changing the ghostscript arguments), no luck.

I need some help from you (if I will find some more time, next time :/ )

gv is so fast, that's why I prefer it over the multitide of other
viewers. It is really faster, about 3x to 20x faster.