Re: guix shell readline issue with R

From: Edouard Klein
Subject: Re: guix shell readline issue with R
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 09:58:15 +0200

Hy Kyle,

Here is a script that restores the ctrl-C behaviour of R, whithin a guix
shell.

I must admit I don't exactly understand the finer points of why it
works, but just trapping SIGINT in the script is enough for R to behave.

My intuition is SIGINT is sent to the whole group. The script interrupts
R. If we trap it in the script, it does nothing. R gets it as well and
acts on it like you expect.

Let me know if the problem still persists.

Here is the script:

#!/usr/bin/env -S guix shell r -- bash
set -m
R&