Re: Intel 13700k iGPU not recognised

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Intel 13700k iGPU not recognised
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 17:26:07 -0700

Hi Erik,

On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 4:12 PM Erik Giorgis <egiorgis@egiorg.is> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I installed guix on a new system, and would like to use Hyprland with it. I
> already have Hyprland working on an older laptop.
> However, on this new system I get an error that the iGPU is not supported by
> mesa.

It looks like Mesa3d support for your Raptor Lake GPU with PCI id
0xa780 was merged on January 25, 2022. [1]

Guix presently ships version 21.3.8 of the Mesa library. [2] As I
understand, it contains merely bug fixes for Mesa 21.3.0, which was
released on November 17, 2021. [3] The version in Guix currently
therefore appears insufficient for your advanced—and I am sure, very
exciting—equipment.

Fortunately, an update of Mesa3d to version 22.2.1 is pending in our
'core-updates' branch. [4] The merge process for that branch was
delayed a bit this time, but the updates should become available to
the general public soon. I think we are talking about a few weeks.
Please hang in there!

Among Guix contributors, Kaelyn Takata is probably better positioned
than I to validate or correct any information above. I copied Kaelyn.

As a side note, I also saw another potentially helpful patch by Dr.
Arne Babenhauser [5] but I am not sure how it fits into the pending
merge of "core-updates". Arne was likewise copied.

Sorry if the news is not as good as what you were hoping for. We are
working hard on your behalf. Thank you for using Guix!

Kind regards
Felix

[1]
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/commit/4e0eca7dc34942759638ab00eb006ba40284a7c5