Re: open config.scm with sudo and gedit or emacs

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: open config.scm with sudo and gedit or emacs
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 06:27:46 -0700

Hi everyone,

On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 3:43 PM SeerLite <seerlite@disroot.org> wrote:

>     sudo guix system reconfigure ~/.config/guix/system-config.scm

As a user of a FUSE-encrypted file system for my home folder (I use
Gocryptfs) I cannot execute the command above. After some
experimentation, I settled on using 'guix deploy' for my local machine
just as I do for all my other Guix equipment.

My setup works great, except it presently comes with some security
drawbacks. It requires password-less access to root accounts
everywhere (via SSH).

Kind regards
Felix