Re: Problem loading numpy and other on a venv in a guix system

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Problem loading numpy and other on a venv in a guix system
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 13:07:30 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 30 Nov 2022 at 09:46, mprodrigues@posteo.net wrote:

>> This is more or less what I used to reproduce the issue
>
> not quite, but I guess it doesn't make all that much difference to
> reproduce the error.

I think it makes difference. :-)

> I use either guix shell, and install all python packages through guix,
> or the venv, and
> install all modules through pip, not both at the same time. Although,
> maybe using both
> at the same time would not be bad.

>From my experience, you cannot mix both “guix shell” and “pip“ easily.
For what it is worth, try to use both at the same time is the beginning
of all sort of annoyances.  See Wojtek message [1].

1: <20221130122110.708c7e20@koszkonutek-tmp.pl.eu.org">https://yhetil.org/guix/20221130122110.708c7e20@koszkonutek-tmp.pl.eu.org>

Cheers,
simon