Re: translation programm

From: Wojtek Kosior
Subject: Re: translation programm
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 12:57:54 +0100

> Hi Florian,
>
> I have to translate many songs from German to English.
>
> Is it useful for me to use emacs
> with the PoMode, you suggested?
>
> How exactly is the emacs translation?
>
> Do you enter text and than through this mode it can be translated?
>
> After that you have to go through it,
> and change incorrect translation?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Gottfried

Unfortunately, not. The PoMode Florian mentioned just makes emacs able
to understand the syntax of the .po text file format. That format is
used to keep translated (localized) strings of programs. The PoMode
assumes the translation is performed *manually* by the user. AFAIU it
does not feature *any* translation engine or even dictionary that could
help you. Sorry :/

Wojtek