Re: geiser-edit-symbol-at-point

From: Jake Shilling
Subject: Re: geiser-edit-symbol-at-point
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:47:18 -0500

Personally, I only use scheme for my guix configuration and I dont't
think Geiser is missing anything for that perpose. After all, I want my
dotfiles to always be evaluated within the global guile environment for
my user.

At the same time, I think that having tooling issolate some files from
the global environment is important for any code base that is going to
be distributed to other users. (e.g. I want SLIME/Cider to only think
about modules that are available within the declared dependencies of a
particular project). Of course, containerize a particular project fairly
effectively with direnv or dir-locals.el.

If I were using scheme for anything more serious, I would probably want
something more like SLIME/Cider, but for my use case there's nothing
missing.

--
Best regards,
Jake Shilling