Re: make clean-go breaks my build environment

From: jgart
Subject: Re: make clean-go breaks my build environment
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 19:45:08 -0500

On Wed, 02 Nov 2022 02:48:03 -0500 jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Nov 2022 08:20:09 +0100 Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:
> >
> > jgart <jgart@dismail.de> writes:
> >
> > > after running `make clean-go` the build gets consistently stuck on
> > >
> > > WARNING: Use of `load' in declarative module (guix ui).  Add
> > > #:declarative? #f to your define-module invocation.
> > > WARNING: (guix build python-build-system): imported module (guix build
> > > utils) overrides core binding `delete'
> >
> > These are warnings, not errors.  What do you mean by “gets […] stuck”?
>
> I mean that instead of getting a quick build now that the guile object
> files are gone it just gets stuck indefinitely at that warning.

Interesting bug:

It does build eventually but after taking a long time and emitting this warning:

WARNING: Use of `load' in declarative module (guix ui).  Add #:declarative? #f
to your define-module invocation.
WARNING: (guix build python-build-system): imported module (guix build utils)
overrides core binding `delete'

I've only observed this happening after running `make clean-go`.

The only way to fix it from practical experience is to run the whole
bootstrap configure make process all over again.

Ricardo,

After running `make clean-go` do you observe the same behaviour on your
machine? Are you on Guix System or a foreign distro?

all best,

jgart