Re: Guix package manager installed

From: Steve George
Subject: Re: Guix package manager installed
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 07:25:28 +0000

Hi Gottfried,

In an earlier email you said you're running Trisequel: so you have Guix installed as a package manager on top of it.

That means when you installed Guix package manager your distributions 'service manager' was used to install the Guix daemon.

As Trisequel is an Ubuntu derivative [0] I assumed it was running Systemd to manage services. Systemd uses the systemctl command: so you should be able to run that command as root.

I don't know enough about Trisequel to help you figure out which service manager you're running. You'll need to ask on the Trisequel forums for help on which service manager you have.

You can try doing some research on service managers and systemd - the Arch Wiki has good links [1]

Best of luck!

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisquel
[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Init#Service_managers and https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Systemd