Re: make clean-go breaks my build environment

From: Philip McGrath
Subject: Re: make clean-go breaks my build environment
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 04:02:31 -0400

On Wed, Nov 2, 2022, at 3:48 AM, jgart wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Nov 2022 08:20:09 +0100 Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:
>>
>> jgart <jgart@dismail.de> writes:
>>
>> > after running `make clean-go` the build gets consistently stuck on
>> >
>> > WARNING: Use of `load' in declarative module (guix ui).  Add
>> > #:declarative? #f to your define-module invocation.
>> > WARNING: (guix build python-build-system): imported module (guix build
>> > utils) overrides core binding `delete'
>>
>> These are warnings, not errors.  What do you mean by “gets […] stuck”?
>
> I mean that instead of getting a quick build now that the guile object
> files are gone it just gets stuck indefinitely at that warning.

Try `make clean-go && make && echo hooray`. My guess is that your build is
finishing successfully (`make` exits with status 0) and the last output just
happens to be those warning messages.

If by “gets […] stuck” you mean that `make` never exits, that would indeed be a
problem.

This is legitimately confusing, though! A good reason to figure out how not to
trigger those warnings.