Re: Aarch64 build of rust-1.39.0 fails

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: Aarch64 build of rust-1.39.0 fails
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 07:15:58 +0100

On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 23:36:42 -0500
Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> gdm depends on gjs IIRC, which is bound to mozjs, which requires rust.
> So you should use another login manager such as lightdm or slim.
I'm running Guix system i686 and I use GDM, including the service to
have it started at boot, and it works, but I didn't manage to run guix
system reconfigure recently yet because of the issue mentioned in this
thread.

With my patches, I can install gdm without GJS, it's only the gdm
service that brings rust as dependency, not the gdm package.

To be able to install gdm without rust, I had to use the right librsvg
in gnome-settings-daemon.

Denis.