ffmpeg possibly missing compile option?

From: Alexander Asteroth
Subject: ffmpeg possibly missing compile option?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 15:24:58 +0100

Dear all,

I'm trying to use vlc and ffmpeg on guix to cut mp4 files. When trying
to play the mp4 files using vlc I encounter errors like:

> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory

In [0] it is suggested that missing compile options are the reason for
these kind of errors might be missing compile flags (--enable...) which
are in fact not enabled in the package specification of ffmpeg.

On te ofther hand I tried to install vdpauinfo and it returns:

> $ vdpauinfo
> display: :0   screen: 0
> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory
> Error creating VDPAU device: 1

So it might be caused by missing libraries for my graphicscard.

Any idea? Someone?

Cheers,

        Alex

----