Re: Freely available Jami video-conference channel for those interested

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Freely available Jami video-conference channel for those interested
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 00:29:24 +0100

Hi Maxim,

On Sat, 20 Nov 2021 at 00:04, Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:

> $ guix shell jami-gnome dbus glib gtk+ openssl nss-certs \
>     -- dbus-run-session jami-gnome
>
> I hope it proves useful in fostering more live collaboration in the
> community!  Extra rendezvous points could also be deployed if needed.
> If the experience is successful we could seek a better place to host
> such service for the community (where it could be managed by the
> collective of Guix sysadmins rather than myself for example).

It works very well – on foreign distro at least. :-) We tried this
evening with Julien.  Well, it is probably because long-distance, we
noticed a delay between sound and video.

I hope hack sessions will be organize soon.  Ah, just for my
information, is it possible to share a screen or something?

Thanks for sharing this very useful resource.

Cheers,
simon