Re: Can't serve a custom channel on a HTTPS repository

From: EuAndreh
Subject: Re: Can't serve a custom channel on a HTTPS repository
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 21:15:27 -0300

> This is a frustrating known issue. Bare git repositories cannot be
> cloned with libgit2, which is what guile-git uses.

The thing is, the bare HTTPS Git repository from Guix itself does work.
I imagined that if this is an issue with guile-git, there is a server-side
workaround, since the main "guix" channel is served as a bare Git HTTPS
repository [0].

I do have CGit and the Git daemon installed on the server, but I wanted to
*remove* them, and keep just the HTTPS one.  So I'm wondering how Guix itself
can accomplish that, and what I can do to replicate it.

[0]: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git