Building Guix packages/derivations from within a `guix system container`

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Building Guix packages/derivations from within a `guix system container`
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 19:39:03 +0530

Hi,

Is it possible to build guix packages or derivations from inside a
container created by `guix system container`? When I try to, I get the
following error. Is there any way to work around this?

# guix build hello
guix build: error: remounting /gnu/store writable: Operation not
permitted

My specific use case is that I have the Laminar CI service running in a
guix system container. From within the CI job (which is just a regular
script), I wish to invoke guix to create and build certain derivations.

Thanks in advance!
Arun