Re: Question about one package

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: Question about one package
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 22:58:09 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, March 19, 2021 12:52 PM, Joshua Branson <jbranso@dismail.de> wrote:

> Charles Direg carloshujara@gmail.com writes:
>
> > Hello Ricardo and jbranso, thank you very much for your reply.
> > I appreciate your comments and will take them into account.
> > Another question, how could I change the theme in GNOME? Since in other
> > distros, it was simply to put the theme in /usr/share/themes, how could I
> > do it in guix?
>
> I don't use gnome. Sway seems to work more reliably for me. But you
> can probably put some themes in /usr/share/themes/ and see if that lets
> you switch gnome themes. I don't think that the gnome service supports
> using different themes yet. :)

I tried, and it seems GNOME themes work normally.

1. Download any theme you want.
2. Extract the theme.
3. Put it in /home/YOUR_USER/.local/share/themes
   (create the "themes" directory if it doesn't exist)
4. Open GNOME Tweaks (install gnome-tweaks if you don't have it)
5. Go to Appearance and select the theme.

Hope that helps.