Re: cl-asdf: where is its asd file?

From: Tim Lee
Subject: Re: cl-asdf: where is its asd file?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 04:33:35 +0800

> So far the cl-asdf package in Guix is only used to update the ASDF
> bundled in the sbcl, ecl, ccl and clisp packages, so that they all use
> the same version of ASDF.
>
> Instead of using 'require', it should work if you just load the file:

> (load (merge-pathnames ".guix-profile/share/common-lisp/source/asdf/asdf.lisp"
>                        (user-homedir-pathname)))
>
> Or you could use the sbcl from Guix instead of the Ubuntu one.

Okay. Thank you for the explanation. I just found it a bit strange that
a cl-* package does not contain an asd file, especially when one is
already provided by the upstream
(https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/asdf/asdf/). Interesting that the ASDF
package itself has no asd file!

Perhaps the maintainer(s) should consider including an asd file to avoid
surprises like this.