Re: How to remove %base-firmware from firmware variable

From: znavko
Subject: Re: How to remove %base-firmware from firmware variable
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 19:35:11 +0000

Yes, it works. But only external usb wifi adapter does not work. I use internal
now.

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0cf3:9271 Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n

$ ifconfig -a | grep Link
enp2s0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr E4:54:E8:BA:20:AC
lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
wlp5s0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr AC:D5:64:52:9C:57

# lspci | grep -i wireles
05:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network
Adapter (rev 01)

# lspci -vv -s 05:00.0 | grep driver
        Kernel driver in use: ath9k

I do not know which driver was used for usb wifi adapter, i remember it could
connect
with nl80211. Is nl80211 not free?

Can you advice me some powerful usb wifi adapter with free drivers?