Re: OCaml: incompatible ppx drivers (ppxlib and ocaml-migrate-parsetree)

From: divoplade
Subject: Re: OCaml: incompatible ppx drivers (ppxlib and ocaml-migrate-parsetree)
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 20:30:13 +0100

Hello!

Le mercredi 30 décembre 2020 à 13:28 -0500, Julien Lepiller a écrit :
> Looking at the opam repo, ppxlib 0.20.0 requires ocaml-parse-tree >=
> 2.1.0, which is the latest. You have version 1.8.0.

1.8.0 is actually the latest, but not the highest version number.
However, I figured I can use up to 0.15.0 for ppxlib with the current
ocaml-migrate-parsetree, which is enough to build js_of_ocaml. If we
update ocaml-migrate-parsetree, and update ppxlib, some random other
package fails.

I have pushed the patch for js_of_ocaml (
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45558) with what I
understood from the latest ocaml commits from pukkamustard.