Re: Can I easily install GNU Emacs 27.1.50 via Guix?

From: Jorge P . de Morais Neto
Subject: Re: Can I easily install GNU Emacs 27.1.50 via Guix?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 12:09:04 -0300

Hi Carlo.

Em [2020-12-18 sex 20:36:11+1100], Carlo Zancanaro escreveu:

> This is true if they are in the same address space, but in this
> case evince runs as a separate process. There's no reason it has
> to load the same libraries as emacs, or have the same GTK_PATH
> variable. You should be able to show this by replacing evince with
> a script that unsets GTK_PATH before invoking the system evince. I
> have attached such a wrapper, if you want to add it to your path
> to check on a foreign distribution (it makes the print dialog in
> evince work for me, even when I run evince from within Guix's
> emacs).

I confirm that, with your wrapper, Debian's Evince (launched from Guix's
Emacs) can find the printers and indeed it can print.  It is a pity
though that this workaround needs writing manual wrappers for every
affected program.

Regards

--
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- If an email of mine arrives at your spam box, please notify me.