Re: Installing gcc debugging symbols?

From: Simon South
Subject: Re: Installing gcc debugging symbols?
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 08:10:51 -0400

Simon South <simon@simonsouth.net> writes:
> I could edit gnu/packages/gcc.scm to set the "stripped?" variable to
> false...

Of course if you're willing to make this change, you can just as easily
remove the "hidden-package" wrapper around gcc 4.7's package definition
and then install the debug symbols in the usual manner, i.e. with

  ./pre-inst-env guix install gcc@7.5:debug

At least, I assume this is going to work.

Still, I wonder if there is a more "official" method that involves less
hackery.

--
Simon South
simon@simonsouth.net