Re: Problems with McCLIM (Common Lisp)

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Problems with McCLIM (Common Lisp)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 09:07:03 +0200

Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hinsen@fastmail.net> writes:

> That sounds good, as does getting rid of ADSF bundles. I have more or
> less given up on numcl, for example, which fails to compile to a bundle
> in recent versions but seems to work find via fasls (at least it works
> fine with quicklisp).

It seems that the Common Lisp community is mostly relying on Quicklisp
and thus rarely, if ever, uses asdf:compile-bundle-op.
The latter has been a source of oddities to me: several times a piece of
code would behave differently between compile-bundle-op and compile-op.
Upstream is almost always relying on compile-op and thus not aware of
the compile-bundle-op issues.

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt