Re: Guix's enchant misreports numerals on Debian---both buster and bulls

From: Jorge P . de Morais Neto
Subject: Re: Guix's enchant misreports numerals on Debian---both buster and bullseye
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 15:45:56 -0300

Em [2020-08-20 qui 15:35:00-0300], Jorge P. de Morais Neto escreveu:

> So enchant 2.2.8 (either from APT or from Guix) does not understand
> "doesn't"; and, what's worse, enchant-2.2.8 from Guix reports every
> numeral as a misspelling.

I now reread my experiment and realized enchant from Guix does
understand "doesn't".  So enchant 2.2.8 from Guix gets "doesn't"
correctly, but not numerals, and enchant 2.2.8 from APT gets numerals
correctly, but not "doesn't".  Could enchant get both numerals and
"doesn't" correctly?  That would be ideal.  Failing that, APT's enchant
situation is much preferable than Guix's enchant.

Regards

--
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- If an email of mine arrives at your spam box, please notify me.