Playing video in browser

From: excalamus
Subject: Playing video in browser
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 17:36:14 +0200 (CEST)

I can't figure out how to play the videos on the Guix homepage using a browser
from within Guix.

I have installed GuixSD in a VM with the XFCE desktop.  I have installed
Epiphany, along with gstreamer andd ffmpeg.  When I navigate to
http://guix.gnu.org/videos/, the videos won't play.

I have searched the mailing lists and the Internet in general.  The usual
answers suggest gstreamer, ffmpeg, or non-free flash plugins for playing HTML5.
 Clearly, the latter would not be supported by Guix.

What configuration is required to play videos in the browser?