Re: Questions about guix handling emacs packages

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Questions about guix handling emacs packages
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 22:29:31 -0400

Hello!

Fredrik Salomonsson <plattfot@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> - emacs-magit:
>
> This is just a minor thing. But the highlight/diff in the magit buffer
> is more of a tight fit, which looks ugly. Where as if I use magit from
> melpa the highlight/diff is a straight block. I've attached a screenshot
> on how this looks. Left is emacs-magit, right is melpa magit.

I'm not sure why that could be, but I merged a newer version of Magit
recently.  If you guix pull now and upgrade your packages, you should
get the new one.

I also can recommend to stick to using just Emacs packages from Guix,
and contributing the missing ones you encounter (as you found out, it's
relatively simple, and fun! :-)).  This way you are sure to use packages
that were byte compiled for your Emacs version.

Maxim