Re: Update Xonsh

From: Carlo Zancanaro
Subject: Re: Update Xonsh
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 15:45:05 +1000

Hey Edison,

One easy way to do this is to just put your package definition in config.scm, above your operating system definition. I haven't tried it with a shell, but the basic idea would be to have something like this:

(define-public xonsh
 ... your package definition ...)

(operating-system
 ... other bits ...
 (users (cons (user-account
               ... other bits ...
               (shell (file-append xonsh "/bin/xonsh")))
              %base-user-accounts))
 ... other bits ...)

Another way to do it would be to submit a patch updating xonsh to be included in Guix, which would also benefit all other Guix users.

Carlo