Configuring Guix with JavaScript?

From: Stephen Paul Weber
Subject: Configuring Guix with JavaScript?
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 20:04:22 -0500

Hello all!

I have what may be a bit of an oddball question. Guix is configured using Guile. Guile's default language is Scheme. The Guix website actually says it is configured with "Guile Scheme" and all documentation is in Scheme. So far so good.

However, Guile can also understand other syntaxes, notably advertising ECMAscript (JavaScript) and EMACS Lisp syntax. So my question is: can I configure Guix using JavaScript instead of Scheme? If not, is it a fundamental limitation or something worth me poking at? If so, has anyone tried it? Does anyone have a suggestion where I should start in trying this out?

Thanks to anyone who humours me.