Help with locale

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Help with locale
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 12:36:27 +0100

Hi!

I just installed guix on top of Debian Buster using the installation script
at guix.gnu.org.

At any guix command, it the complains:

  guile: warning: failed to install locale

I have installed glibc-locales, however it seems like the reason for the
above is that there is no link from .guix-profile/lib/locale to the
glibc-locales package. If I put a link there manually, the warning above
disappears, but as soon as the profile is updated (at a guix pull pulling
in new packages, e.g.), there is again no locales link and the warning
returns.

Why is it like this? How can I avoid this nuisance?

Best regards,
Mikael Djurfeldt