Re: Guix and openmpi in a container environment

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guix and openmpi in a container environment
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 15:10:38 +0100

Hello Todor,

Todor Kondić <address@hidden> skribis:

> guix environment -C -N --ad-hoc -m default.scm

> Simply installing openmpi (guix package -i openmpi) in my usual Guix profile
> just works out of the box. So, there has to be some quirk where the openmpi
> container installation is blind to some settings within the usual environment.

Open MPI and its “drivers” (UCX, PSM, etc.) browse /sys, /proc, and /dev
to determine what devices are available.  Could it be that one of these
things is missing or different inside the container?  Does ‘strace’
reveal anything?

The article at
<https://hpc.guix.info/blog/2019/12/optimized-and-portable-open-mpi-packaging/>
might shed some light on some of these things.

HTH,
Ludo’.