Re: SYSTEM STUTTERING

From: ison
Subject: Re: SYSTEM STUTTERING
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2019 04:34:38 -0700

I had a similar problem a while back which caused me to switch to
Wayland, at least to wait until the problem went away. Once I made the
switch I no longer had stuttering on the entire desktop, but it still
happens in some games.
For example there is no stuttering in Minetest, but there is stuttering
in Xonotic.

In my attempts to track down the cause I've seen some bug reports
concerning recent versions of SDL which attempts to do something like
enumerate joystick devices every 3 seconds and causes a mini freeze.

Does your stuttering occur at regular intervals around 3 seconds as
well? If not then maybe this is unrelated to your issue.

If it is the same issue then I recently found a temporary workaround
which is to re-write packages and their dependencies to use SDL version
2.0.8.