Re: Docker image not working

From: Stephen Scheck
Subject: Re: Docker image not working
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 23:40:36 -0600

No, it does not:

$ docker run -it system:0qjxd5ljsh316ki7wqkk2xz9b68lynh2 bash
docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed:
container_linux.go:348: starting container process caused "exec: \"bash\":
executable file not found in $PATH": unknown.

It seems like some things which get set up when creating a regular system
via `guix system` do not when specifying output as a Docker image.
Unfortunately, the documentation doesn't explain much about how the system
profile works, and I'm not knowledgeable enough about Guix to make an
informed guess.