Re: Tutorial: Running XFCE from Guix on a foreign distribution

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Tutorial: Running XFCE from Guix on a foreign distribution
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 13:04:03 +0100

Hi Marius,

I have tried on the top of Debian.

Instead of "/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc-common" in the .xinitrc file, it is
just "/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc". Then it works. \o/

However, after a couple of minutes, my normal X session (C-M-F7) using
AwesomeWM crashes and log out. The XFCE remains. Maybe I am doing
something wrong.

Otherwise, even if I am not sure to understand how I can use it, thank
you for the blog post; I have learnt some interesting stuff! :-)

All the best,
simon