Re: “Guix Profiles in Practice”

From: Bengt Richter
Subject: Re: “Guix Profiles in Practice”
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 20:29:37 -0700

Hi Pierre,

On +2019-10-26 12:00:30 +0200, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
> "Thompson, David" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Great article!
>
> Thanks! :)
>
> > I spotted a typo in the first paragraph: "on a same system" should be
> > "on the same system."
>
> I can fix it.  Out of curiosity, why is it wrong?  "All users on a
> system..."  is correct, "All users on a given system" too, so I wonder
> why "on a same system" would not be.  What I meant here is "the same
> unspecified system".

[...]

How would you say it in French? (I'm trying to recall high school French here,
so be kind ;-)

I think english "a" is like French "un" or "une" -- so translating "on a same
system" literally
(using my flawed French), does "en un même système" sound right to you?

It doesn't to me, unless même has a sense of pareil used that way.
Maybe "en utilisant le même système" ? (note le/the -- not un/a)
--
Regards,
Bengt Richter