Re: Emacs in multiple profiles

From: George Clemmer
Subject: Re: Emacs in multiple profiles
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 13:13:46 -0400

Hi Pierre,

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi George,
>
> thanks for you input.
[...]
>> FWIW, I can report on how I have happily used separate, independent
>> guix/emacs "project" configs for over a year.
>
> I believe we are talking about slightly different things.  Every user is
> free to write their custom scripts and Emacs config to suit their needs.

I provided an example of how I use emacs and the _non-default behavior_
of non-default profiles that I find particularly powerful in Guix. Of
course it's not the only way to go, but I thought it might be of
interest for your article.

> The problem I'm trying to address here is that of the default behaviour
> of non-default profiles (actually: profiles in general).

It wasn't clear until the sentence above that you are limiting the
article to _default behaviour_. IMO, this is selling non-default
profiles short.  E.G. kinda like writing a blog about 'guix environment'
without mentioning '--pure'.

HTH, George