Re: internal 3g modem

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: internal 3g modem
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 19:15:10 +0200

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 12:35:38PM +0200, Divan Santana wrote:
> Hi Guix,
>
> Hopefully someone knowledgeable with these things here can help out. :)
>
> I'm trying to get the internal 3g modem to work in my Dell laptop
> running guix.
> […]
> I think this is the internal modem device:
>
> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 413c:81b6 Dell Computer Corp. DW5811e Snapdragon™ X7
> LTE

ModemManager has a list of supported devices.  Your modem is not
listed there, but older similar modems “Should work”, it says.  Did it
work on another distro before?

I have no experience with dial-up modems, but apparently ppp can be
used somehow to connect with those.  Network-manager can be made to
use ppp, but I do not know if that works in Guix right now.

Regards,
Florian