Re: VNC

From: Todor Kondić
Subject: Re: VNC
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 10:44:32 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, 14 August 2019 11:44, Julien Lepiller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le 14 août 2019 10:04:19 GMT+02:00, "Todor Kondić via address@hidden" <null>
> a écrit :
>
> > Is there a VNC service in guix? Doing a brief package search, I found a
> > few clients, but no server.
>
> Nobody seems to have worked on one yet, so no luck for you :/. Maybe others
> here have a workaround, or can provide more detailed guidance on how to
> define such a service if you're interested. I have never used VNC myself, so
> I'm not sure what work is still needed to get a working service definition.

As it looks like virtualbox guest additions are even more difficult to get
working on Guix, I would be happy to try and come up with service definition
for a VNC server. TigerVNC comes to mind.

If anyone can come up with some helpful pointers (I did define a few Guix
packages, but no services so far), it would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Todor