Re: Compiling a linux kernel from git

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Compiling a linux kernel from git
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 01:41:45 +0200

Chris,

Christopher Lemmer Webber wrote:
Anyone more familiar with the linux build process who can give me some tips? Especially since I board a plane very early tomorrow morning :)

My own kernel package has nothing left in common with linux-libre, but it does build from git and has this phase + comment which I'd hoped
would never see the light of day:

(add-before 'configure 'fix-CPATH (lambda _ ;; Temporary hack to remove -checkout/include which breaks things. ;; Why is this not necessary when building in a ‘guix environment’ ;; and in the Guix linux-libre package? Git-checkout-related? (setenv "CPATH" (string-join (cdr (string-split (getenv "CPATH") #\:)) ":")) #t))

I'd remove it to see what happens, but that would be tomorrow and you appear to be in something of a hurry.
Good luck!

T G-R