btrfs raid configuration vs mdraid

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: btrfs raid configuration vs mdraid
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 08:00:40 +0200

Hello Guix!

My preferred storage setup until now was using RAID-1 software RAID
built with mdadm; for a new machine I'm considering setting up a RAID-1
btrfs volume as root, but I have much less experience with btrfs

Assuming I'm going to format the root filesystem as:

  mkfs.btrfs -m raid1 -d raid1 /dev/sda3 /dev/sdb3

how should I configure (file-system...)? this way:

(file-system
  (mount-point "/")
  (type "btrfs")
  (device (uuid "4dab5feb-d176-45de-b287-9b0a6e4c01cb")))

with UUID taken from "lsblk -f"?

From you experience is RAID on brtfs as solid as the one on mdadm?

Thanks!
Gio'.