Re: kicking off nm again

From: znavko
Subject: Re: kicking off nm again
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 14:25:05 +0000

                             (modify-services
                              (remove (lambda (service)
                                        (member (service-kind service)
                                                (list ntp-service-type
avahi-service-type
                                                      bluetooth-service
network-manager-service-type
                                                      gdm-service-type)))
                                      %desktop-services) ;end of remove lambda
services

                              (wpa-supplicant-service-type config =>

(wpa-supplicant-configuration
                                                            (interface "wlp2s0")
                                                            (config-file
"/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf")))

                              (elogind-service-type
                               c => (elogind-configuration (handle-lid-switch
'ignore)))
                              ) ;;end of modify-services
                             )) ;;end of services

April 14, 2019 7:44 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> [...]
> you said. It will not
> pull GNOME 3 stuff now.
>
> (services (cons*
> (service xfce-desktop-service-type)
> (service dhcp-client-service-type)
> (service slim-service-type)
>
> (modify-services
> (remove (lambda (service)
> (member (service-kind service)
> (list ntp-service-type avahi-service-type
> bluetooth-service network-manager-service-type
> gdm-service-type)))
> %desktop-services) ;end of remove lambda services
>
> (wpa-supplicant-service-type config =>
> (wpa-supplicant-configuration
> (interface "wlp2s0")
> (config-file "/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf")))
>
> (slim-service-type config =>
> (slim-configuration
> (xorg-configuration
> (xorg-configuration
> (extra-config
> '("Section \"InputClass\"
> Identifier \"touchpad\"
> Driver \"libinput\"
> MatchIsTouchpad \"on\"
> Option \"Tapping\" \"on\"
> EndSection")
> )))))
>
> (elogind-service-type
> c => (elogind-configuration (handle-lid-switch 'ignore)))
> ) ;;end of modify-services
> )) ;;end of services
>
> Thank you, Mark!
>
> April 13, 2019 7:39 PM, "Mark H Weaver" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> address@hidden writes:
>>
>>> Hello! I need your advise in my `holly war` for guix purity in my
>>> low-capacity Laptop.
>>>
>>> While `guix pull && guix system reconfigure
>>> config-znavko-12-04-2019.scm` worked, Network-Manager and some other
>>> stuff have pervaded.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> 1) Let me know how to delete nm, if I've removed it from services in
>>> %desktop-services, but gdm or gnome pulled it into my system.
>>>
>>> 2) libgweather. Also, I do not need lbgweather. arc-theme depends on
>>> it again? Sorry, I do not use gnome.
>>>
>>> 3) geocode-glib. Gnome is so fat. How to cut it off? Can I have gdm
>>> without gnome?
>>>
>>> 4) gnome-online-accounts
>>>
>>> 5) evolution-data-server
>>>
>>> 6) network-manager-applet
>>>
>>> 7) mutter, what's this? I think xfce4 does not use it. How to kick it out?
>>
>> One reason that all of this stuff is being pulled in is because you're
>> using GDM as your display manager:
>>
>>> (services (cons*
>>> (service xfce-desktop-service-type)
>>> (service dhcp-client-service-type)
>>>
>>> (modify-services
>>> (remove (lambda (service)
>>> (member (service-kind service)
>>> (list ntp-service-type avahi-service-type
>>> bluetooth-service network-manager-service-type)))
>>> %desktop-services) ;end of remove lambda services
>>>
>>> (wpa-supplicant-service-type config =>
>>> (wpa-supplicant-configuration
>>> (interface "wlp2s0")
>>> (config-file "/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf")))

>>> (xorg-configuration
>>> (xorg-configuration
>>> (extra-config