Getting rid of "source file [...] newer than compiled" messages

From: Katherine Cox-Buday
Subject: Getting rid of "source file [...] newer than compiled" messages
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:55:36 -0500

I have a Guix installation on a foreign distro, and with most any Guix
command I receive this message for different packages (depending on what
command is run). I looked at one package and found that there were no
`.go` files for the `.scm` files which are listed.

I tried a few different things to try and correct this including `guix
build --repair`, but I nothing has worked.

Is there a supported way to get rid of these issues? Right now my plan
is to manually go into the store and use guile to compile these fields,
and I'd really rather not muck with the store!

--
Katherine