[HELP] Packaging mupdf

From: Pierre-Henry F.
Subject: [HELP] Packaging mupdf
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2019 20:15:06 +0000

Hello,

I'm trying to learn how to package code using Guix and packaging
mupdf doing do. I need some help to continue.

I've followed packaging tutorial for guix[1] and hopefully know
enough scheme (Racket in fact) to carry one.

The problem with the way mupdf is package today[2] is that it
does not include the patched version of freeglut that is
necessary for the copy-pasting functionality[3].

What does work is to follow the build instructions of mupdf[4]
which boils down to:

  git clone --recursive git://git.ghostscript.com/mupdf.git
  cd mupdf
  git submodule update --init
  sudo apt-get install mesa-common-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev xorg-dev libxcursor-dev libxrandr-dev libxinerama-dev
  make prefix=~/bin/mupdf install

So, I guess that the objective is to somehow make guix execute
the above script.

I've been wondering around in the doc of guix w/o much success.
Is there anyone that could help me out? I can document the thing
and post it on my blog or give it back here for anyone to do
anything with it, should it be of some use.

Many thanks,
PH

[1]: https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/2018/a-packaging-tutorial-for-guix/
[2]: $ guix edit mupdf