Re: Where is mysql/administration command?

From: znavko
Subject: Re: Where is mysql/administration command?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 05:23:31 +0100 (CET)

Hello! Your nice question is quite reasonable.

To use mysql/administration commands on GuixSD need to have both:
  1. mysql service
  2. mysql package
When you've reconfigured  your system adding mysql service to your config file you can either install mysql for root user with `# guix package -i mysql` or add mysql package system-wide (for all users) in '(packages ...)' section in your system config.

The same for postgresql. I used it the same way.

Hope you enjoy GuixSD!

Feb 18, 2019, 3:05 AM by address@hidden:
On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 02:11:28AM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
Hullo,

Yoshinori Arai wrote:
> I have done system reconfigure to add httpd, mysql service to try to
> setup same environment in GuixSD.

[…]

> Why is not mysql commands in system profile?

Your operating-system's ‘packages’ field is probably missing ‘mariadb’.
Services don't install packages to your system profile.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Hello,

Thank you for your rapid reply.

Is to use mysql needed both of mariaDB service and mysql service?
But I think the definition of mariaDB service is missing.
Do you mean to need mariaDB package or mysql package in system
configuration?

Thank you.