Re: Screen does not wake up from suspend ("No signal") on a Radeon RX 58

From: ison
Subject: Re: Screen does not wake up from suspend ("No signal") on a Radeon RX 580
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 15:41:38 -0700

I also have an RX 580 and experience the same issue. Although I was under the
impression that the cause may be the motherboard or CPU (amd ryzen 7 2700x), as
it seems to have other known issues like soft lock-ups.
However, I can confirm that I had the same issue with both the radeon and amdgpu
driver.

Although dmesg would report loading amdgpu if I ran:
lspci -k | grep driver
I would see it report radeon instead of amdgpu. The only way I could get it to
use the amdgpu driver was to add this package to my configs load path:
https://paste.debian.net/1065215/
and also add this to my services:
https://paste.debian.net/1065216/
(appologies if the code is ugly, but it works)

Now lspci reports amdgpu, but I still experience the same sleeping issue.
Personally I wouldn't suspect this is a Guix specific problem, but rather a
driver, kernel, or hardware issue.