Re: emacs-guix error

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: emacs-guix error
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 20:49:04 -0500

Hello!

[...]

> Are you using Guix from a git checkout?  In that case you’ll need to
> recompile as there has been an ABI change.

My normal Guix run from guix pull, but I do have a Guix checkout that I
use with the pre-inst-env wrapper.

I have this set in my ~/.emacs.

(setq guix-directory "~/src/guix")

IIUC, that doesn't cause Emacs-Guix to use that Guix, only locate
package definition.

In any case, running make clean-go and rebuilding my guix source tree
didn't make the issue go away, but I got a different error when using
C-c . b (guix-devel-build-package-definition); it was failing to find
the module (guix build utils), which led me to the bug 28144.

The suggested workaround by Ludovic to delete the file guix/profiles.go
made the problem go away.

So this might be related.

HTH,

Maxim