Re: rolling back only a single package

From: cdelia
Subject: Re: rolling back only a single package
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 04:11:27 -0300

Hi Ricardo,

thanks for answering,

so basically this is equivalent to find the generation of commit
65956a... and invoking guix-generation-x to install guile-json.

Yes, I see why this it's better than using "guix package -i *" and it
relates well to my other question about profile -> packages definitions
generation.

Just write manifests, instantiate them and when it's time to migrate the
pacakges definitions will already there.

What happens if you then do "guix package -i guile-json" or if somewhere
in the future "guix package -U" after a pull?

It will honor the manifest or just install the guile-json on the package
definition?

I don't know if I can make my mind on what sort of behaviur should be
best but maybe I'm more towards the idea that a manifest should take
precedence, maybe with an override flag.

Anyway I can try and check later what guix does.

Thanks! and have a happy new year eve.

--
Catriel