Re: Stuck upgrading from Guix v0.12

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Stuck upgrading from Guix v0.12
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 19:54:25 +0000

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for your help.

> I’m in the same situation upgrading a machine that didn’t have an
> Internet connection for months.
>
> Here’s what I do:
>
> - use a git checkout to jump to commit
>   b0cb92b2d43a2c4d5fa9b3f8c04c5732c60061e7, which adds guile-gcrypt
>
> - ./bootstrap && ./configure --localstatedir=/var && make clean &&
> make
>
> - ./pre-inst-env guix package -i guile guile-sqlite3 guile-json
> guile-ssh guile-gcrypt
>
> - update to the latest version

I am following the recipe but have hit trouble at the configure stage:

$./configure --localstatedir=/var
.
.
.
configure: error: Guile-Git is missing; please install it.

This takes me back to the libgit2 unavailability problem.  I have not
been able to find a way to provide a sufficient build environment (I
have upgraded the OS to Ubuntu 18.04 in the meantime).

Any suggestions?

Paul.