Re: What about Gnash in Guix?

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: What about Gnash in Guix?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 11:24:28 -0800

On 2018-12-10 19:47, address@hidden wrote:
> Do you think flash-services are good or not?

Not. Often both non-free and dangerous.
I personally avoid it at all costs. The only places left in my sphere
that even mentions flash is the government backed broadcast corporation
SVT on their webpage. But they implemented html5 so it is no longer
needed and  I download the videoes regardless with youtube-dl.

> I am asking about gnash in guix, cause there is one necessary service,
> that must work on a home PC, but no any flash-player possible in
> IceCat under GuixSD.
>
> Want to know about developers' plans to port Gnash to Guix?

You are free to package it. I would most probably never use it.

--
Cheers
Swedebugia